Fijian language week 2023

Bula Vinaka!

This week is Fijian language week, the theme is Me vakabulabulataki, vakamareqeti, ka vakaqaqacotaki na Vosa Vakaviti. Translating to Nurture, preserve and sustain the Fijian Language.

It’s another year, do you know what that means!? Another Fijian language week! and as most of you know, I am Fijian, so every time that it’s Fijian language week I do something on my blog! This week I’ll be reading simple Fijian stories, you may not understand what they mean but try your hardest to listen and learn.. After I read it in Fijian I summarise it in English.

Today I read “Jone na dautataro” which means, John the boy that asks questions. It was written by Ratu Semi Seruvakula and was Illustrated by Anare Somumu. RFTA / IISF Fiji Limited published. This book is about a little boy named John who meets an older man and asks him some questions about his day.

Anyway! sit back, relax and enjoy my Fijian book reading!

2 thoughts on “Fijian language week 2023

1. Hi Karolina,
    I love your idea of reading a Fijian story and I really enjoyed hearing you speak Fijian. Thank your for sharing your culture with us.
    Mr Albert

2. Kia Ora Karolina,
    Thank you for sharing your expertise with your language it was lovely listening to your stories in Fijian. Which is your favourite story? Do you have access to Fijian novels?
    Ngā Mihi
    Whaea Tanya
    Ako Hiko EPL